Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Big House

"The Big House"
16x20 acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas
commissioned piece - NFS

Please pardon my absence but I have been so busy (too busy is there such a thing) with my day job, commissioned paintings, getting ready for an upcoming show in October, and handling gallery rotations. Oh, and just to add to the list, I'm writing a book also - about my daily commuting adventures in and out of NYC. 

This is one of a few Home Portraits I've done recently. This will be delivered over the weekend to a client who asked that the "older" style of her home be painted. She loves the porch that her home once had (it was enclosed years ago to enlarge the living area) and wanted to capture it in a larger painting that she will frame & hang. Needless to say, I was thrilled to do such a piece!

This painting was combined from a series of photos - some new, some old, and some right from Google maps! I combined bits & pieces from each to put together a single "photograph" to work from. Here is the combined photo - not designed to be pretty, just to merely show the elements (mainly the porch) in relation to the other parts. The old photo was in a sepia tone, so the "colors" to the older image were determined by both the client & myself. In a different older photo you can clearly see that the siding on the top was a cedar shake which the homeowner wanted to stand out. 


There have been a few other Home Portraits done recently - any that are intended as a gift I will not be posting until I know the gift has been given! No need to spoil anyone's surprise!

-------------------------------

Home portraits make a great gift and with the holidays right around the corner, now is a good time to order that portrait for gift-giving. Simply email me for details & we can discuss!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...